Friday, March 16, 2007

Land of the Merlion

I'm currently on a two week business trip in Asia to visit our local offices and various universities in Singapore, Korea and China. It's an exciting time for us as we expand our programs into the AsiaPac regions. I've been in S'pore for 5 days now and am having a wonderful time. Everyone here is so nice and the city is very organized and clean as you would expect. Weather's in the 80s and humid, with on and off rain showers. The KT office is located in the north part, which is about a 30 min taxi ride from downtown. Since English is the main language here, I can get around easily. :) So far I've been able to squeeze in a little shopping, lots of eating and a nice relaxing spa treatment. I'm looking forward to the weekend where I plan to explore the city.The photo on the left is of a Merlion (cross between mermaid and lion) - Singapore's national landmark statue and tourism logo.

View of the city/Singpore's famous Chili Crab (yum!):









Foot bridge/Boat Quay:

2 comments:

We 4 Bears said...

I wish I was there with you, it looks beautiful. And the food, looks delicious. Glad you are having a good time!

Marcy said...

Nice! Merlions... what an odd animal mix... lol

Have fun! Thats pretty awesome that everythings in English. The language barrier (or a lack thereof) can make such a huge difference in the enjoyability of a foreign excursion.