Saturday, March 31, 2007

Korea & China

I finally downloaded the rest of my pictures from my trip to Asia. After Singapore, I was off to Korea for a day of meetings. I didn't have much time to do sightseeing but managed to squeeze in a traditional dinner and walked around the neon city. After Korea, I headed to China. Shanghai was a huge surprise to me, it's a lot more modern than I thought it would be. I've only been to Guangzhou (a city in southern China) and the two are completely different. Shanghai has many western looking buildings due to intenational settlements back in the 19th century. I visited our China office and explored a couple univerisities in the area. One of my old co-workers is on a 2 year expat assignment in Shanghai so he took me around the city which was really nice of him. All in all, it was a productive trip but I'm so glad to be home!

Seoul, Korea/Shanghai, China (People's Park)



1 comment:

Marcy said...

Sounds like a whirlwind of a trip!