Monday, March 06, 2006

A's Spring Training

I've been traveling the entire month of February, mostly to the freezing cold east coast. Makes me appreciate the bay area weather even more. I was happy to "lay over" in Phoenix over the weekend on my way back from Boston (my final trip for the spring). Paula and I have always talked about going to Spring training and this year we finally did it! She and Alex flew in and we all stayed at Sharmin and Chad's. They are all ready for the baby, the nursery is completely furnished and decorated adorably. We went to three games, two at the A's 'home' stadium in Tempe vs. Milwaukee and Anaheim and one at the Brewer's stadium in Maryvale (aka. ghetto barrio). The weather on the first day was extremely hot. It was 80 but felt more like 90 with very little breeze, I got a nice farmer's tan on my right arm. The next two days were better, our seats were behind home plate and a little more shady. Paula was able to get her picture taken with Ron Washington (3rd base coach), Ken Macha (coach), and Dan Johnson (1st baseman). She almost got one with her all-time favorite Mark Kotsay but was interrupted by the National Anthem. Kielty even threw Paula and Alex a ball!

Pitcher Zito's good side/Paula and Dan Johnson










Paula and Ron Washington/Paula and Macha

1 comment:

ThatBeeGirl said...

Looks like fun!
And Paula is the most adorable pregnant woman!