Saturday, January 21, 2006

Party Light

I finally put up a new light in the dining area today! As some of you may recall, the original fixture was a hideous wooden ceiling fan with brass accents that was not very easy on the eyes (see below). The monstrosity was not easy to take down - I had to have my friend Sara help hold it up while I dismantled it. I think the thing weighed over 50 pounds. You can imagine how happy I was to toss it in the dumpster! Finding the perfect replacement was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I found a modern looking light at IKEA but unfortunately after a lot of fiddling around, it turned out to be defective. I looked around Home Depot and Expo and still didn't find anything that I liked. Finally, I resorted to overstock.com (go figure!) and ended up purchasing a very cool looking brushed nickel chandelier with red blown glass shades. I'm proud to say that I put it up all by myself! My arms are a little sore from holding it up, but I think I did a pretty good job...it hasn't come crashing down yet! The new light adds to the ambiance - it's brings a little more of a party/romantic mood to the place. Yep, just what I needed.










Party mode:

3 comments:

Marcy said...

That looks awesome.

3 Peas in a Pod said...

It does look great...now you need to have another party!

Marcy said...

Karen, this is my sister's blog:

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=ReinaCristina

She's the one who's doing the triathlon in may. She's started training and although she's doing GREAT in actually *doing* the stuff, I think she's having trouble with the shock it's taking on her body to suddenly be running a lot when previously she had not really worked out in... um... a long time. =P As a runner I was wondering if you could perhaps help lend her some encouragement or tips or something to help keep her motivated. THANKS! =)