Sunday, July 10, 2005

My New Condo

Well...I never thought I'd actually do it in the bay area, but I bought a condo! Being a first time homeowner is the craziest, scariest thing I've ever done. One must be partially mental to deal with the stresses of the offer process. Luckily, the mental part came easy for me and I managed to find a place relatively quickly without a lot of hassles - thanks to my very cool friend and realtor, Amie Chilson. I highly recommend her!!

My new place is a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo built in 1985. As you will see in the pictures below, everything in it is original - and I mean EVERYTHING...check out the gynormous microwave/oven combo and the wooden baseboards. The person who owned it before me didn't seem to be into the whole interior decorating thing, so there's a lot of potential for upgrades and making the place look more like a home rather than an apartment.

Being the independent woman I am, I've decided to take on all of my home improvement projects myself. Well, OK...maybe I'll have some help from friends. Seriously, how hard can it be? Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start a blog to document my projects so my friends and family can see the progress I'm making. And there will be pictures to prove I did in fact do all the work!

Stay tuned...my first job, which is currently in progress, is updating the living room - painting, replacing baseboards (this involves the use of a big saw) and decorating! New pics will be posted soon.










2 comments:

Marcy said...

Yay! How exciting. =) My sister just bought a duplex in Texas and she's really excited to do home improvements, too. *Almost* makes me want to buy a place... =P
Marcy

ThatBeeGirl said...

Awww, Karen, your new place is rad! (Julia directed me to your blog, by the way!)