Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bathroom Makeover: Phase 2

After what seemed like 27 more trips to Home Depot and working weeknights and all day Saturday, we finally finished with the bathroom! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Benajmin for all his help and apologize for being such a slave-driver girlfriend. :) Over the last few days, we grouted the tile, put in baseboards, changed all the cabinet hardware, installed a new faucet and matching towel rack and paper towel holder, and last but not least...put the toilet back in.













Grouting is fun!












Tiles before and after grouting. I'm happy with the color I chose (natural grey), it seems to match pretty well.










You won't believe the deal I got the light below. $15 at Costco! Yes, you read that correctly - $15. It was the deal of the century, I almost fell on the floor when I saw the price. Unfortunately, the picture didn't turn out very well but it's a nice brushed nickel with frosted white globes. We had to buy bigger baseboards (5 inch) for the bathroom in order to cover up the marks from the old hideous rubber trim. We had to cut a notch to fit the toilet pipe. Luckily, Benjamin has a plethora of tools including a miter and jigsaw.










I found a nice set of Fontaine brushed nickel fixtures, which included the faucet below (sorry Sharmin - I didn't get Kohler) on http://www.overstock.com/:









As with Phase 1 of this project, Benjamin was in charge of the toilet stuff. He replaced all the parts, so it's new and improved. My...what a big wrench you have!












Next up on the home projects list is fixing up the master bathroom. After all this work, I might be in the mood to start next year. :)

1 comment:

Marcy said...

It looks awesome!!