Friday, November 10, 2006

When I Grow Up...

Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up? For the longest time, I wanted to be a lawyer. Then I came to my senses (no offense) and decided I wanted to work on Wall Street, so I picked Business as my major in college. After my first finance class I realized I would never be happy as a number cruncher but I did enjoy my psych classes, so I decided I would be a clinical therapist. Scary thought, huh? I even switched my major to Psychology for a while. When I found out that I would need 8 years of grad school in order to help people with their problems, I switched back to Business and stuck with it. Ultimately, I ended up University Relations. Like most HR professionals, I didn't pick this field...it just sort of fell in my lap. I have to admit I have a pretty fun job but there are days when I still think about what I really want to be when I grow up. If only I had access to this funny video back in kindergarten!

3 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

I think we all wanted to be a lawyer at one point, I know I did!

We 4 Bears said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
We 4 Bears said...

I wanted to be a high school algebra teacher. But then I found out how much math you have to take beyond algebra to teach algebra and changed my mind.

Sorry about the deleted comment, I was having technical difficulties.