Monday, September 04, 2006

Weekend Recap

Benjamin went to the motorcycle track over Labor Day weekend so I was left to entertain myself for a couple days. Jeff and I went to the A's game on Sunday. It was a blast, we had excellent seats 12 rows back from home plate. We saw the players up close and there was a kid next to me who kept trying to get autographs so I was able to get some pretty good pictures. The A's ended up beating Baltimore 10-1, woo hoo! After the game, we went over to the Fostinos for a small get together and dinner at Fiesta Del Mar. It was good to see everyone! On Monday, I was supposed to run 18 miles but that didn't quite happen - I just wasn't in the mood. Why the heck would I run that far? I'm training for the Nike Women's marathon which will take place on Oct 22 in San Francisco. It will be my second year running this particular event, and my fifth marathon overall. For some reason, running just isn't fun anymore and it's become more of a burden than something I look forward to doing. I think I'm in a running rut. Knowing I can finish 26.2 miles without practice like I did back in June (not a recommended method but do-able when you've procrastinated) combined with my current lack of motivation has made training fall a couple notches on my priority list. I've decided that this is going to be my last marathon...it's time to retire my running shoes and find a different hobby! I've always wanted to do a triathlon so I'm going to take up cycling for awhile and possibly learn how to swim at some point.

I'm trying to get Benjamin to be my guest blogger but he seems skeptical. I think I should also change the title of this blog since it's not really focused on condo renovations anymore, although I still have plans to take on a couple small projects soon.

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

I know you prolly don't want people commenting on the not swimming thing, so I won't.
;)
Those are GREAT pix!

Marcy said...

Definitely sounds like time to switch sports... cycling or swimming could both be great. hey, if my couch potato sis could do a triathlon you could efinitely kick butt at it! =P

Oooh you and benjamin blogging together? Now, living together is one thing... sharing a blog is whole other level of ciommitment. ; )