Monday, August 08, 2005

Living in Style

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! My place is somewhat taking the shape of an actual home instead of a never-ending construction site. The living room is finally in decent condition. It's such a good feeling being able to come home and not worry about tripping over one of the many tools lying around on the floor. Did you know that you can find some really good home decor items on overstock.com? It's my new favorite online shopping site. I do feel bad for kicking Jeff's old couch out (sorry, Jeff), but at least we have a garage to store it in. By the way, if you know anyone who is looking for a couch and/or coffee table, let us now! The place is definitely coming together. What do you know...I may be even be able to have friends over soon. :)

Here are some before and after pics:




















2 comments:

Marcy said...

Looks like an episode of Trading Spaces! lol It's looking great. =)

I was at the doctor's office today and looking through a magazine in the waiting room and came accross an article on these guys who do salvage sales of home about to be torn down. Basically, a location will be open and you can go in and buy everything from the doors to the sinks to the toothbrush holders, anything built-in to the house, for really cheap, since the house is about to be demolished anyway. I immediately thought of you and Julia. The website is http://driftwoodsalvage.com/index.html I don't know if it will be at all helpful, but I thought I'd at least pass it on. =)

jacko492 said...

Came acroos your Blog & liked it. It's unique to say the least. I'm trying to put up a site--Agent Orange, but when you work with words like mesotheleomia is NOT linked to cancers associated with Agent Orange, it makes it difficult. Just venting , I guess ---Jack---